Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A hectic month

Sorry for not coming on here and updating but we have been a bit busy.
Our friends John and Dave arrived from the UK to visit us so we left Maputo and headed north again to a wonderful beach resort at Beline, 180km out of Maputo, its situated on a lagoon that was so warm it was like having a bath, sat in the sun and relaxed.
after a week John went home and Daves wife Clionagh arrived for Daves last week, a great 2weeks folks and it was nice to see some old faces again and thanks john for bringing out my much need spare parts for the bike, the cheese and bacon were appreciated aswell.
After saying goodbye to our guests and a night back in Maputo Bruce and myself headed off to South Africa to meet up with a guy who could help me get some tyres for the bike.
Martin who had contacted me through horizonsunlimited web site had given me the phone No of reaction racing in Nelspruit run by Mark so we arranged that and went to visit Martin at his house thinking that we would be in a cheap hotel nearby.
Not a bit of it , Martin has a cottage in his garden that was ready for us so after a beer or 10 we settled in and met the family properly, Martins wife Sasha made us feel completly at home and the three kids, Ben, Zack and Toby and 7 dogs were great to be around, thanks my friends.

Martin is as daft about bikes as me and two of his lads are already riding MX bikes ,pictures to follow. Martin has quite a few bikes and let me have a ride on his KTM 200cc enduro bike, 2 strokes have obviously come along a bit since my racing days, the power of this bike was awesome, it nearly pulled my arms out of their sockets.
We went out on the second day to pick up marts latest toy a brand new BMW 450 X trail he offered me a ride on that but as it was brand new I declined as the thought of crashing it was to much to bear.
Bruce and I headed off to get our tyres fitted at reaction racing via a rather special route that Mart showed me, the views over the mountains were great, a fantastic days riding.
We sadly had to leave the day after that , a great family and we will keep in touch, once again thanks for everything folks.

I have to go now to cook breakfast but will be back on later to put some Piccies up

1 comment:

Cass said...

i was feeling deprived of my daydreams for a while, and then i was completely immersed in uni work for a few weeks, then there it all is - waiting to be read. It still beggars belief each time I read that this is actually real and how unbelievably amazing it all sounds . . . I'm getting bike cravings to boot with my horizon cravings, it must be in the blood!

I've been telling just about everyone I know what an inspiration you both are and spreading the word about the blog. (Its the only thing that gets me through my very dull days at work and you are now gaining a bit of a following in my office ha!)

I do miss having you on my doorstep but such selfish thoughts are soon gone when i see how incredibly well you both look and of course what a clearly epic journey you are having.

I'll give you a brief update on us: I am just about done with college now,it has flown by in a blur . . . i will email you some pics of my work for you to nosey at i when and (and you) get chance. Me & Dan are still smitten kittens (and still house hunting) Mother is well, bram is galavanting off snowboarding and the dog is a pain in the arse!

Miss you lots, loads of love to you both, cass x