Friday, December 26, 2008

Nairobi and beyond

Nairobi,well we finally got there only to find the bikes were in Jo,burg,
we had a complete nightmare getting the bikes to Kenya and then clearing them through customs, it seemed to take forever butwas in fact just over a week.
We had been recomended a campsite in Nairobi called upper hill campsite run by a guy from Preston of all places called Rich, top food, cold beers and friendly staff.
Rich arranged a truck which we took to the airport to pick the crate up that had the bikes in it, we then took the bikes back to the campsite so I could build them up again in peace, it was great to get my hands dirty again and as soon as I had built them up it was off to the gas station for 10ltrs of petrol to put in the bikes,(you have to drain them before they go on a plane)
I asked to borrow a set of jump leads as I assumed the batteries would be flat but decided to try them whilst they were looking for a set. Crikey they both started first time, I love yamahas, both bikes had been in a crate for over 5 weeks and the batteries were still charged .


I couldn,t resist throwing my helmet on and going straight out for a ride, he he!

No comments: