Thursday, October 23, 2008

Guinea and onwards

We then headed up to Kankan on proper roads, Bruce was a very happy bunny. we crossed thee border into Mali and stopped for 2 nights in Bamako because wwe had to wait 2 days for our visa for Burkina faso, we treated ourselves to a proper hotel for the last night there,, the first night was in,,,,,,,,, yes your right another brothel.
I still had some Siera leone money left and had to go to the market to change it up,,
quite an experience even for me,
kicking chickens and goats out of the way this old girl made room for me in her shack and we proceeded to haggle over the dough, I got a really good deal in the end and she offered me her daughter as part of the deal. cackling away we shook hands san daughter
Onwards the next day to Segou which is on the banks of the Niger, really impressive, we stayed there days,, the ATM machines worked FFS.
The next day we headed for the Burkina border where we saw a computer for the first time , the guy actually put our visa numbers in it, we were very impressed till I realised that he would have to take it to the capital to download it.
Never the less a very civilised border crossing

No comments: